PROFILE OF IIA TANZANIA
The Institute of Internal Auditors is a global leader in certification, education, research and technological guidance for the internal audit profession. It is the only institution that provides universally applicable International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as well as Code of Ethics to promote an ethical culture in the profession of internal auditing.
IIA Tanzania is a professional institute which brings together internal audit practitioners and interested parties in internal audit in Tanzania as members. It is registered in Tanzania since 2006.
IIA Tanzania was established for the purpose of creating awareness on the contemporary role of internal audit, promoting implementation of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and advocating for acceptability of the globally accepted and recognized Certified Internal Audit certification (CIA) and other specialty certifications such as Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Government Auditing Practitioners (CGAP),Certification in Risk Management Audit (CRMA) and Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership(QIAL).
Key Activities of the IIA Tanzania
IIA Tanzania was formed to promote the internal auditing profession in Tanzania by equipping its members with the relevant tools and techniques to discharge their responsibilities more effectively and efficiently. Key activities of the Institute, therefore, are as follows: -
a)To advocate for the implementation of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) in the performance of internal auditing in Tanzania;
b)To register members and issue membership identification;
c)To provide members with library facilities where they can access books and materials on internal auditing profession;
d)To train members and other interested parties and apprise them on the best practices in the performance of the internal auditing;
e)To undertake quality assurance reviews;
f)To encourage and facilitate attainment of IIA professional certifications by its members.
IIA Tanzania is governed by the Board of Directors which is elected by members at the General Meeting. The Board of Directors which has a total of ten members is composed of the President, four Board Committees Chairmen, one ordinary Board Member and two recent past presidents.
The Board’s committees are Advocacy, Audit & Risk, Research & Publication, Certification and Membership. The Board is assisted by the Permanent Secretariat which is led by the Chief Executive Officer in the discharge of its duties.
IIA Tanzania Envisions: –
To be the leading institute in promoting internal auditing.
IIA Tanzania’s Mission is: –
To improve the quality of internal auditing through value adding services to members and other stakeholders.
IIA Tanzania’s Core Values (PITASC)
• Professionalism: We always respond in the way the customers expect us to respond but in accordance with our Code of Ethics.
• Innovation: We will always find simple, effective and efficient ways of serving our customers.
• Team Spirit: We work as a team in serving customers; a customer deserves a response from any one of us on any query.
• Accountability: We are answerable for our actions and/or omissions to members and stakeholders with a view of building public confidence.
• Sustainability: We want to maintain a sustainable growth in all activities that we do to ensure uninterrupted services to members.
• Collaboration: We will ensure good professional relationship and co-existence with other professional associations and other stakeholders who help us deliver value to our members and stakeholders.